Monday, August 20, 2012

Identity

This week, I have been coming to grips with the idea of getting a bit serious about trying to find a textile design job and doing things like creating an identity/brand for self promotion.  The thing I am finding most difficult at the moment is trying to convey creativity, while still looking trustworthy and professional.  Resources such as IdN magazines, creative peoples websites and blogs have been helpful in starting this process.  Noticing that even the more colourful, far-out designers have a slightly pared-back, corporate look when it comes to identity…  I suppose their work and folios can speak for itself!  As a graduate, I am not entirely sure who my target audience is going to be when applying for jobs.  Is it going to be an agency?  Head designer of a commercial company?  A client for freelance work?     All images below are from artist/designer websites.








Themes and styles I am feeling good about at the moment include:
-stand alone fonts in distinct hand writings with interesting personalities.
-simple text set below a thumbnail design or illustration
-indication to what the person does - eg textile designer.

No comments: