Monday, September 3, 2012

Scribbled Beginnings



  Something I have learnt over the past two years is that projects often start with the intention of being grand, meaningful endeavours.  Slowly but surely as the process of physically making something in a restricted timeframe plods along, some ideas that really add meaning to a project get forgotten or left out.  This is something I really resent about quick projects, so I cherish looking over original ideas and remind myself that they could be achieved in a more reasonable time-frame.  







Although indecipherable, some of these bits and pieces are representative of real ideas that will be happening in the near future.

A year ago, I would have never considered posting something like this on my blog.  Mostly for the fear of my ideas being 'stolen'.  I couldn't care less about critical eyes looking at these concepts which are not yet a reality.  I like to share ideas and talk about them.  I don't want to hide away my inspiration.  In my experience, sharing leads to bigger, better and real concepts/collaborations that would be impossible to reach if ideas are overprotected.  If one of your ideas ends up having a few more peoples names on it, but is made with enhanced perspective and skill, so what?  

No comments: